Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure is committed to complying with the provisions of the Privacy Acts that relate to how entities handle Personal Information. We are bound by the laws of the countries that we operate.
This Policy explains how we collect, use and disclose Personal Information relating to individuals, whether or not they are customers, so as to ensure we meet our obligations under the Privacy Acts in the countries in which we operate. By providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to us collecting, holding, using, and disclosing your Personal Information in accordance with this Policy.
This policy also sets out your rights to access and correct your personal information held by Abergeldie.
The objectives of this Policy are to treat personal information
- In accordance with the current Australian Privacy Act and the Australian Privacy Principles;
- In accordance with the current New Zealand Privacy Act (NZ), including the Information Privacy Principles, (collectively referred to as “Privacy Legislation”)
3. Personal information we collect
Personal information under the Privacy Acts is information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. Abergeldie will only collect, use, or disclose an individual’s personal information to the extent that this is reasonably necessary or one or more of our functions or activities. This includes Personal Information such as:
- Telephone and facsimile numbers.
- Email addresses.
- Other observations where an individual is identified.
Note: Where the above data is already public knowledge then this is able to be included in an open dataset.
Our preference is to collect personal information about an individual directly unless it is unreasonable or impracticable for us to do so. Our goal is to collect the least amount of information as practicable.
Personal information will generally be collected from you in person, over the phone, through written communications (either on paper or electronic) or by you completing forms or answering questions through our communication gateways.
Abergeldie will not collect or use sensitive information without your consent unless there is a situation permitted by the Privacy Legislation. Sensitive information includes information or an opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, criminal record and health and genetic data.
4. Purpose of collection
Personal Information is primarily collected for the purpose of carrying out Abergeldie’s various functions and activities, and includes the following purposes:
- Consideration for a job application and whether to employ an individual.
- To engage an individual as a contractor.
- To engage with a potential customer or supplier through standard tender and contract delivery processes.
- For complaints handling or data analytics purposes.
- For Next of Kin contact requirements.
- For any other purpose permitted by law.
5. Use and disclosure
Primarily, we use and/or disclose personal information to third parties for the purposes for which we collect the data (above) and reasonably related secondary purposes, unless you consent to another use, or there is an exception under the Privacy Acts. These secondary purposes may include:
- Business improvement programs.
- Disclosure of gender metrics for statutory reporting purposes.
- Disclosure of prospective contractor/employee personal information.
Abergeldie is not likely to use or disclose Personal Information to recipients in countries outside of where Abergeldie operates, namely Australia and New Zealand.
6. Manage data
Protecting the confidentiality of Personal Information is essential to retain public trust and confidence in our systems. To ensure Personal Information is secure we will:
- Have clear lines of responsibility and accountability to control access to stored data.
- Have a system for managing access to stored data so only authorised personnel have access.
- Have secure areas (locked storage), password protected databases/system for electronic data.
- Data management for archiving and disposing of data that is no longer required.
- Implement clear processes to ensure confidentiality of data is maintained (e.g. not divulging information about a person to another).
- We may engage a third-party provider to host personal information.
7. Manage Information
The Privacy Acts applies to every person, business or organisation other than those who operate a business with an annual turnover of $3million or less. It controls how Personal Information is collected, used, disclosed, stored, and accessed. Abergeldie will:
- Ensure that you have the ability to access your Personal Information to ensure that it is correct, subject to certain exceptions.
- Take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Protect the Personal Information held from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised access, modification, or disclosure.
- Destroy or permanently de-identify Personal Information once it is no longer required for business purposes.
- Not mislead a business or organisation by impersonating someone or pretending to act without that person’s authority to gain access to their personal information or to have it altered or destroyed.
Abergeldie can refuse to give access to information if it would:
- Endanger a person’s safety.
- Prevent detection and investigation of criminal offences.
- Involve an unwarranted breach of someone else’s privacy.
8. Changes to this privacy statement (policy)
- Our Privacy Statement (Policy) may change from time to time, the most current version will be maintained within Abergeldie’s controlled document library (MSM).
- Before providing us with personal information, please check the MSM or our website.
9. Privacy Contact Details
If you wish to access your Personal Information or have any concerns about a breach or potential breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, please use the Privacy Contact Details below to contact us in writing.
Abergeldie will not charge any fees for your Personal Information access request but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
Any complaints about a breach or potential breach of the Privacy Principles will be investigated and the results of the investigation will be notified to you in due course.
If you find that the Personal Information Abergeldie has is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us in writing as soon as practicable so we can update our records.
Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure Pty Ltd (Australia)
PO Box 3019, Regents Park NSW 2143
Abergeldie Complex Infrastructure Ltd (New Zealand)
PO Box 9888, Newmarket, Auckland, New Zealand 1149