Sydney International Speedway
Sydney Metro engaged Abergeldie to build a new world-class speedway for Western Sydney as part of Sydney Metro West. A new addition to the Sydney Dragway, at Western Sydney Parklands’ Precinct 5: Eastern Creek Motor Sports, the new speedway contributes towards creating a true motorplex for the Australian motorsport racing community.
Following minor works in late 2020, major works to build the new speedway were undertaken in 2021, with the speedway opening in February 2022.
As part of the new world-class racetrack, Abergeldie has delivered:
- A clay-based racetrack for both speedway cars and motorcycles
- A new grandstand and terraced seating for up to 7,000 spectators
- New public amenities, corporate boxes, food, beverage and merchandise outlet
- New parking facilities
- New dual vehicle access to the precinct via a new intersection built off Ferrers Road
- A dedicated competitor pit area to service the speedway
- Workshops, garages and trackside support services.
To find out more about the new Sydney International Speedway, visit the Sydney Metro website: https://www.sydneymetro.info/station/sydney-international-speedway